Claims Operations Coordinator
Key role purpose:
To be the first point of contact and to take responsibility for the Claims Data/BDX analysis and reporting.
This is a great opportunity to work across various insurance portfolios and to understand the fundamental support, claims operations provides to the business. This is a fast paced environment and you will be a part of a small but growing team, which will involve working directly with management,whilst tackling the task and role head on.
You should have a full understanding of the entire lifecycle of insurance claims, and able to use this to decipher our needs. As a driven, self-motivated and ambitious person, you'll fit in well - we all have a genuine passion for our industry.
Key tasks and objectives:
1. To maintain, review and analyse a full suite of Claims BDX on a monthly basis, and to ensure these are correctly uploaded onto our claims database.
2. Analyse, produce and manage reports and information in order for the Claims Teams to receive appropriate commentary regarding any areas of concern in a timely fashion, and as per the needs of the business.
3. Conduct regular trend analysis, and to monitor key aspects in order for the Claims Teams to drive performance and objectives.
4. Produce monthly stats packs for the Claims Teams, and liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure accurate information is held at all times.
5. Work closely on any specific ongoing projects and conduct research as requested by the Senior Management.
6. Gain a thorough understanding of how ourclaims systems function, including where we can easily configure future changes.
7. Provide advice, support, and guidance to the Management Team and other staff regarding MI and/or data, and to resolve any problems that may arise.
Key technical skills, knowledge, professional qualifications required:
1. You will need to have a minimum of 3 years experience working within a similar role.
2. Advanced IT skills including a detailed knowledge of arange of Microsoft Software, including advanced excel skills withtheability to compile functions and use data management tools like pivot tables, VLOOKUP, index match, advanced formula's, and data tables.
3. Exposure to reading and writing basic SQL statements, including select, basic joins and update statements.
4. Exposure to reporting tools such as Tableau, Qlik or PowerBI.
5. An excellent understanding of the various areas of the claims function, and the strategy and key issues within each. You will also have a strong knowledge of how claims interacts with other functions and departments within an insurance company, and the impact it has on the company's financial performance.
6. Excellent analytical and technical skills, along with strong communication, time management, interpersonal, and problem solving abilities.
Key personal skills required:
1. Resilient and flexible, with the ability to work in a face paced environment with short and/or changing deadlines.
2. Able to use your own initiative and work independently but also as a part of a team.
3. Organised and able to manage your own work load.
4. Effective and confident communicator, and able to establish effective working relationships.
5. Self-motivated and able to motivate others.
1. There may be occasional travel to other offices, as and when required.
2. This role is subject to a background criminal record check, and will be subject to a Basic DBS check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from gaining employment with us. We deal with these situations on a case by case basis, and in accordance with the guidelines set out in the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
- Competitive salary depending on skills and experience
- Insurance, Claims, MI